In many cases, knee pain says on lesions of joints. However, this is not always the case. The main reasons due to which you may experience discomfort, such as:
- Osteoarthritis of the knee. This process of destruction of the tissues of the joints, which during a long period may cause deformation and loss of joint mobility.
- Arthritis of the knee joint. The disease is of an inflammatory nature, which can be independent and a symptom or complication of other diseases. On the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis you can read in this article.
- Miniscope. Damage of the meniscus is manifested sharp pain, and the cause may be trauma, sometimes very minor. If time does not fix the problem, she can transform into a chronic form and cause deforming arthrosis.
- Vascular pain. It's not articular pathology, but approximately 10% of patients visit a podiatrist with this problem. The reason is violation of blood circulation in the joints. Pain in the blood vessels may occur throughout a person's life.
- Inflammation of the tendons in the knee, known as periarthritis. In this case the discomfort is felt in the inner side of the knee, and enhanced it with ascents and descents on the stairs. The most susceptible to the disease women over 40 who are overweight.
- "Reflective pain" that manifests itself in osteoarthritis of the hip joint. Yourself knees in this case will not be affected, and the amount of movement in them does not change, x-ray pathology is also not found.
Additionally, knee pain can occur because of stretching or normal fatigue as a result of too strenuous exercise.
What could be the pain?
For a correct diagnosis in cases of pain in the knee is necessary to determine the nature of the pain, which may be different:
- A sharp sudden pain. Could be a sign of newly-acquired injury, blockade of the joint and the appearance of soft tissue sharp bone growth.
- Nagging pain. Talks about the chronic nature of the problems in the joints. It can be inflammation, the onset of osteoarthritis, and as a manifestation of meteo-dependence in disorders of the blood vessels.
- A shooting pain. Can meet if inflammation or severe stage of osteoarthritis affects the nerve endings.
- Very severe pain. Evidence of nerve entrapment, blockade vessels, and other acute injuries, this area of the legs. May occur at fracture, acute inflammation and late stages osteoartroz.
- The regular pain. In most cases, the reasons for it lie in a spasm of nearby muscles, synovitis, neuropathies and fibrosis of the capsule.
- Cutting excruciating pain at any movement. Can be a symptom of meniscus tear and the blockade of ports or pinched nerve, possibly in the area of the spine.
- Pull pain. Can occur in virtually all pathologies of the knee joint.
What to do?
If you are experiencing this nasty problem as soon as possible to consult a specialist orthopedist or neurologist. The exact cause and proceeding from it and methods of treatment will be determined during diagnostics.
In eliminating knee pain can help and accessible popular recipes, which can be designed for internal and external use.
Compresses – the most popular folk remedies in this case, which promptly relieve the pain in the knees and prevent its occurrence in the future.
- Useful natural yellow clay, which has many healing minerals that fall into the affected area and relieving the pain symptoms. Need to make a thick mixture of clay and warm water and apply it over the sore area with a thick layer. To insulate wrap and something wool, leave overnight. In the morning rinse with warm water. Repeat the procedure every day during the week. For preventive purposes it will be enough two times a week.
- You need to take the same amount of dandelion flowers, chestnut and lilac, and tightly put them in a glass bowl. Then pour the vodka and infuse for two weeks. For use to moisten in the infusion of gauze cloth and apply it on the sore knee. Also to insulate and hold all night. A couple times of using this procedure, you can eliminate even the most severe pain.
- Compress based on pork fat warms. A thin slice of fat to attach to the knee and fixed with the help of natural fabric, then put a warm woolen cloth. You need to keep for 10-12 hours. The course of treatment is seven days.
- You need to mix 100 g of honey and 5 g mumie and RUB this mixture into the affected area every day for 10-15 minutes. To do the procedure better before bedtime.
- Add 100 g of honey 0.5 teaspoon of salt, baking soda and dry mustard powder. Use the ointment once a day in the evening. Five treatments will be enough to relieve pain.
- You need to chop 50 g of celandine leaves and place in a glass container with a volume of 0.5 liter that you want to top pour sunflower or olive oil. A tool needs to steep for two weeks, then it is necessary to strain through cheesecloth into several layers. To use the ointment should be two to three times a day, applying it on a large area careful massage movements.
Infusions for internal reception
These tinctures are powerful anti-inflammatory and tonic effect. They improve the metabolism in tissues of the joints, which makes it possible to efficiently and quickly get rid of the pain:
- On a grater grate the horseradish root and pour 200 ml of boiling water, after let stand in a water bath for 20 minutes. Drink a tablespoon two or three times a day for 21 days.
- You need to wash 50 g Bay leaf and put it in a small enamel container, then add approximately 250 ml of pure water on a slow fire, bring to boil, then allow to cool and strain. That done, divide into 4 equal parts and drink within four days in small SIPS between meals. Repeat the course again not earlier than in six months.
- Mix equal amount of willow bark, parsley root and dried nettle. Tablespoon of the mixture to insist in a thermos by filling it with 200 ml of boiling water. Use two times daily 100 ml after meals in the form of heat.
What is not recommended?
Although the above methods of treatment are reliable and trusted for years, however, you cannot use them without consulting a medical specialist and his permission. Misuse and a combination of folk remedies can not only be ineffective, but also seriously aggravate the situation.
Correct physical exercise can be helpful for pain in the knees, but, nevertheless, it is important to her not to overdo it. Too strong action can only aggravate the situation. It is important to find the exercise program that is safe, and stick to it. If you yourself can't do that, it makes sense to consult a doctor or physiotherapist. Problems with the knees increase the risk of falls that can cause worsening situation. These risks should be minimized, using only reliable stairs, holding handrails and exercising caution when icy or other slippery surfaces.
Also to complicate the situation can overweight. Do not have to aspire to the ideal figure, but if you have extra pounds it is recommended to get rid of them through proper physical activity and a balanced diet.
For pain in the knee important the shoes that you wear. Do not wear tight and uncomfortable shoes or boots, is not recommended for women high heel. Ideally, you should use special orthopedic insoles.
The first thing you need to do to prevent knee pain is to lose weight. Each thrown kilogram significantly reduces the load on the joints.
Correct diet and moderate physical activity is helpful for weight loss, and to improve the condition of the knee in General. In sports you need to try to work on strengthening the muscles that support the knee.
Another measure for preventing knee pain – Smoking cessation. The chemicals that are full of tobacco smoke, adversely affect recovery of ligaments, but their breaks are popular causes of knee pain.
If you are going on a long journey on foot or by bike, try to take a piece of gauze or a small towel. When you feel a strong tension in the knees, moisten it and wrap the knee - this will help to avoid severe pain. If you often are in a sitting position, try not to bend your knees too much periodically to straighten them.
If you have suffered from pains in the knees, and you managed to get rid of them, return to normal life slowly and gradually. First resume your usual household chores, but do them so, to prevent discomfort. Some time later, the load can be strengthened – for example, regularly Jogging. In this case, is to stop taking painkillers if you have previously, because you risk much to bother the knee, and the pain will begin again to bother you.